Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University in Aligarh.
Aligarh: The University is going to be established by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in memory and honor of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh, an eminent freedom fighter, educator and social reformer. It is spread over a total area of 92 acres in Lodha village and Musepur Karim Jaroli village in Kol tehsil of Aligarh.
The university will provide connectivity to 395 colleges in the Aligarh division.
The decision of the Yogi Adityanath government to set up the university after the Jat figure was mentioned as part of the ruling BJP’s attempt to win over the community ahead of the crucial assembly elections in the state early next year is seen as political.
Here are the highlights of Prime Minister Modi’s speech:
- Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh would certainly have been very pleased to see the new university, new security corridor and other development works in Aligarh.
- It is the hard work and sacrifice made by such freedom fighters that we enjoy freedom today.
- Many national symbols, their contributions to the nation are enormous and have been neglected and forgotten for decades by previous governments. But today, Raja Mahetra Pratap Singh ji or Suhel Dev ji, or many others, have been given the importance they really deserve.
- Today’s generation is disconnected with such great leaders. I encourage all young people to learn more about these leaders and their enormous contribution to our freedom struggle and social reforms.
- Not only is this university an important one in India, but the technical expertise it gives in the field of defense, especially in defense production, will be a pioneer in the field of self-defense in India.
- India gives priority to the defense sector, especially manufacturing. For decades after independence, India’s image around the world has been that of a ‘security importer’ – and one of the biggest. But now things are changing. We are taking steps to move India from a security importer to one of the largest defense exporters in the world. Aligarh is also becoming a hub for defense manufacturing. Already 12 security companies have set up their manufacturing units in Aligarh.
- Aligarh is known for its production locks. This has kept India safe for decades. While that is still true, from the 20th century onwards, in the 21st century, Aligarh will keep India’s borders secure by making a significant contribution to the defense sector.
- The dual machine in the state and central state of Uttar Pradesh is greatly benefited by the government. There was a time when UPI was considered a limit and obstacle to India’s growth, but due to the dozens of projects being done in the state today, UPI has completely changed its image and is promoting India’s growth today.
- There was a time when the free movement of Ubi Kundaraj, Mafia-Raj and gangsters was unpopular, but under the Yogi government all these were completely stopped. Thugs, mafias and thugs are placed where they are – behind bars.
- There was a time when people lived in fear, but behind these anti-social groups, Ubi lives with confidence and freedom. All this is due to the very strong action of the Yogi state against these mafias and gangsters.