The driver for a lawyer told Reuters news agency that the owner of a Tesla Model S Plaid was driving when his car suddenly caught fire. Mark Garagos, owner of the Geragos & Geragos Company, told the agency that he was initially not able to get out of the car because its electronic door system had failed, forcing the driver to use force to open it. fell.
The car continued to move for about 35 feet to 40 feet (11 to 12 m) before turning into a fireball in a residential area near the owner’s Pennsylvania home. Geragos said it was a sad and horrifying experience. He further added that it is a brand new model and they are investigating it. Tesla did not immediately comment when contacted by the agency.
In April, the company owner had said that the new battery pack was included in the new Model S sedan and Model X sport utility vehicle.