Mother Teresa’s birthday: In the year 1950, she founded the Missionaries of Charity, a Roman-Catholic religious congregation with over 4,500 nuns operating in 133 countries as of 2012.
Whenever Saint Mother Teresa is mentioned, words like faith, kindness, humanity and care come to everyone’s mind. She was a beacon of hope for countless homeless and needy people. Her stories of devotion, love and care towards people have not only made her an icon in the world but also inspired thousands of people to help each other.
Born on August 26, 1910, in Skopje, Ottoman Empire, Mother Mary Teresa Bojaxiou was an Albanian-Indian Roman Catholic nun and missionary. After living in Skopje for about 18 years, she moved to the European country of Ireland and later to India, where she spent most of her life.
She has worked her entire life to help and provide assistance to the needy people. In the year 1950, she founded the Missionaries of Charity, a Roman-Catholic religious congregation with over 4,500 nuns operating in 133 countries as of 2012.
The congregation is managing homes for those who are suffering from diseases such as HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis and who have been abandoned by their own people. The organization also runs soup kitchens, dispensaries, mobile clinics, orphanages, schools, etc.
So, to celebrate Mother Teresa’s 111th birth anniversary, here we are with a list of some of her inspirational quotes that will make you a better person and restore your faith in humanity. Have a look:
- No big things happen, only small things happen with great love. Blessed are they.
- peace begins with a smile.
- If you judge people, you don’t have time to love them.
- If you cannot feed a hundred people, feed only one.
- Kind words may be short and easy to say, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Spread love wherever you go. Never let anyone come near you without making you happy.
- Have faith in the little things because in these lies your strength.
- gone tomorrow. Tomorrow hasn’t come yet. We have it today. lets start.
- If we do not have peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an act of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.