Today is the second day of the five-day festival of Diwali. Today is Choti Diwali or Narak Chaturdashi. It is known as Narak Fourteen or Roop Chaudas. According to the Hindu Panchang, the Chaturdashi of the Krishna side of Kartik month is celebrated as Narak Chaturdashi. This year the festival is being celebrated on Wednesday, 3rd November 2021. On this day, Lord Krishna killed a demon named Narkasur, in the face of religious beliefs. According to another belief, worshipping Yamaraj in the morning on the day of Narak Chaturdashi and lighting a lamp in the evening relieves the sufferings of Narak and does not fear untimely death.
Do these things on the day of Narak Chaturdashi.
1. According to the Scriptures, the house should be cleaned on the day of Narak Chaturdashi. It is believed that mother Lakshmi resides in a clean and holy place. Broken goods at home are considered symbols of Narak. Therefore, waste items should be thrown out of the house.
2. It is said that on this day, after taking a bath, one should worship with a tilak on his forehead facing south.
3. According to religious beliefs, Hanuman Ji was born on the Chaturdashi of the Krishna side of Kartik month. Therefore, worshipping Bajrang Bali on this day is believed to yield auspicious fruits.
4. Narak is worshipped on the day of Chaturdashi to please Yamaraj, the god of death. On this day, fill a container with sesame water and offer Yamaraj facing south.
5. There is a tradition of lighting 14 lamps in the evening on the day of Narak Chaturdashi. After taking a bath before sunrise, a sesame oil lamp should be lit near the drain outside the house. In the evening, a four-faced lamp should be lit facing south.
Don’t do these things on the day of Narak Chaturdashi.
1. Do not forget the day of Narak Chaturdashi and kill any living being. There is a tradition of worshipping Yamaraj on this day. It is believed that doing so angers Yamaraj. the eleventh consonant of the Devanagari syllabary
2. Narak should not pollute the south direction on the day of Chaturdashi. It is believed that doing so angers Peter.
3. Do not donate sesame oil on the day of Narak Chaturdashi. It is believed that doing so may anger Mother Lakshmi.
4. On the day of Narak Chaturdashi, the broom should not be forgotten and footed, nor should it be erected straight. It is believed that by doing this, Mother Lakshmi does not live in the house.